10. Brown Sugar Facial Scrub - For this home spa treatment mix 2 tablespoons of ground oats, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of aloe Vera and 1 tablespoons of lemon juice. Smooth the scrub all over your face and leave on for at least 2 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
9. Home Lip Treatment - Add 1 tablespoon of aloe Vera gel, 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil, 1 tablespoon petroleum jelly, and a few drops of vitamin E oil in a bowl and microwave on low power. Mix and let cool before applying to your lips.
8. Homemade Bath Salts – Mix 1 cup of Epsom salts and 1 cup sea salt. Then in another bowl mix 1 tablespoon vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon mineral oil. Combine the salts with the vanilla & oil mixture and add desired amount to your bath. Store extra in an air tight glass jar or storage container for future use.
7. Pumpkin Mask - Pumpkins contain excellent antioxidants and exfoliating elements. Make a mask by following the instructions in this past blog post.
5. Hand & Foot Moisturizing Treatment- Now this might sound overly simple, but this is a great treatment for dry hands and feet: Heat up some socks and then drench them in moisturizing lotion. Put the socks on and leave them for at least ten minutes.
4. Homemade Body Oil - For your own body oil concoction, first add 8 oz of oil with your choice of oil such as Almond Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Apricot Oil or Avocado Oil. Add 1/8 of a teaspoon of each: Fennel, Lemongrass and Juniper. Apply the oil to your body, massaging into sore areas if needed. Apply after a shower for maximum moisturizing effects, leaving your body feeling great with a fresh, beautiful scent.
3. Home Body Wrap – Did you know you can make your own wrap at home? Heat up 3 cups of water (spring, purified, or distilled) and dissolve 1 cup of salts (mineral, Epsom, sea), ½ cup aloe vera and/or herbs, 3 tablespoons oil (shea, olive, sunflower). Once everything has dissolved and has cooled down so it is warm to the touch, soak some towels or ace bandages in the mixture and wrap your body loose enough so that you don’t cut off your circulation. Then wrap yourself in a large body towel, plastic suit, or blanket for 30-60 minutes. Change up the herbs, oils, salts, and experiment with other materials, like clay, mud, and seaweed for a unique experience! Read more about home body wraps here.
2. Pumpkin Body Scrub – Mix 1/2 cup cooked or canned pumpkin, pureed, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon in a bowl. Use a washcloth to scrub your body in a circular motion while in the shower, then rinse with warm water.
1. Home Spa Cocktail Treatment- While we don’t condone the use of alcohol to relieve the stress from your problems, it sure does help you relax when you’re having a home spa day! Find some of our favorite spa cocktail recipes here.
This post sponsored by: