Now that Halloween has passed and Thanksgiving looms on the horizon, now might be a good time to start thinking about gifts for the holidays. There are different levels of spa treats you can give to your friends, family or loved ones, depending on how much spa you want to dish out. Here is a top ten list of spa gifts you can start to think about for the holidays!
10. Scented Bath Candles -Scented candles are a nice gesture for a friend or relative that you know will enjoy them while soaking in the bath. Be careful as to who you give this gift too though, as it could appear as a very generic gift for someone that wouldn’t typically enjoy this gift.
9. Bubble Bath Dispenser – Our favorite bubble bath dispenser is the Boon Flow bubble bath dispenser which also serves as a faucet protector for the kids. This is a great gift that I’m sure your recipient will have never heard of and will enjoy for years to come. Perfect for the bubble bath lover of course! One of our editors just purchased this product and has told us that this bubble bath dispenser does not produce good bubbles, but it is good as a faucet protector for the kids.
8. Aromatherapy Hydrosols and Essential Oils – Hydrosols and Essential oils are perfect for those that have a steam shower, or that are serious about relaxing in their bathtub or home spa. This is great gift for a loved one, because then you can actually hand deliver the treatment in a sweet way by drawing the tub for your loved one, starting the steam shower, spraying the hydrosol mist or dripping the essential oils on the steam shower head. Take this gift to the next level by following through and setting your loved one up with a romantic time for relaxation.
7. Thermal Spa Bath Mat - This is another excellent gift for someone that loves to be in the tub. If someone you know spends a lot of time soaking, then let them take their soak to the next level with this Thermal Spa Bath Mat. This gift has an a adjustable neck massager pad, dual back massager, footrest with bubbles, vibration, massage and rotating rollers for sore achy feet, soft, comfortable padding throughout, allover bubbling action with level selector and comes with a remote control.
6. Slippers -Buying that special someone a new set of very nice slippers is an amazing gift that they can use when indulging in a home spa. This is one gift that you absolutely cannot cheap out on however, because there’s nothing worse than a pair of cheap slippers that only last a month, or worse yet, are never ever comfortable. We recommend a pair of Ugg designer slippers that typically cost around $100 a pair. When you are picking out this gift, make sure you choose between slippers that will be used at home vs. slippers that will be used out, at a day spa.
5. Bath Robe – A nice, new robe can be expensive, but if you really want to give someone something that they would never spend money on for themselves, then a new robe might just be perfect. This is another item you cannot cheap out on, because there is nothing worse than a cheap robe. You will have to spend at least $100 for a good quality robe, and really nice, designer robes are more around $300-500. Robes are perfect gifts for those that like to relax at home and for those that spend a lot of the time in the home spa or master bath.
4. Day Spa Gift Certificate – Now this may seem like a very generic spa gift, but if you get someone a $100-$200 gift certificate to an amazing, high-end spa that is known for its architectural values, treatments and customer service… your gift will be well received. Make sure you don’t just get a gift certificate from some place down the road, and really research the best spas in and around. Nothing is better than sending someone to a swanky, luxury spa that they would normally never get to experience.
3. Spa Party – Most spas now have “Day Spa Party” packages that allow you to buy a gift for one or two people that will also allow them to bring a friend or two. Enjoying the spa with friends or loved ones is a great way to experience a new spa, and the same rules apply from the Day Spa Gift Certificate, make sure it’s a good spa that will leave them with a long lasting memory of delight. You can also have the spa party at home by having the equivalent of a catered “home spa party”. Both of these options will cost you a pretty penny, but are quite the spa experience that will not soon be forgotten.
2. Hot Tub – Expanding your home spa is not a trivial task, nor is it easy on the wallet but if you’ve just had a major anniversary or are looking to improve your indoor or outdoor space or the retail value of your home, then a new Hot Tub might just be the perfect gift. Picture whether or not many romantic nights will be had in the hot tub before you decide to purchase one, as there’s nothing worse than an expensive gift like a hot tub that never gets used.
1. Steam Shower – The ultimate spa gift is having your own luxury steam shower. A steam shower will bring with it an added luxury that will not only increase the value of your home, but also increase your enjoyment and add endless home spa options to your home relaxation. Steam showers can be affordable, but make sure to have the pros install it if you don’t trust yourself with the installation because no gift should turn into a project gone wrong.